3 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Covered Cashews Clusters With Sea Salt
Simple, slightly sweet, a little salty with a roasted cashew crunch! That’s what you get when you make these Dark Chocolate Covered Cashews With Sea Salt.
This would be a lovely treat to make for Mom on Mother’s Day!! Place them in a pretty box found at craft stores with a nice hand written note!
They take only 10 minutes to toast , plus a little time to cool. Then it takes just a couple minutes to dunk them in melted 72% cacao chocolate, a quick sprinkle of fine flaked sea salt and about 15 minutes in the fridge until they are ready to serve! That is it! If you are like me, you will have all these ingredients on hand……inventory always includes a variety of nuts, stored in the freezer, dark chocolate bars, a variety of salts and parchment paper! Trader Joe’s has the best prices on nuts in my opinion.
- 2 cups raw whole cashews
- 7 ounces dark chocolate (72% cacao), chopped (I use Private Selection which can be found at Kroger, Fry's and other Kroger affiliates. It is superior chocolate!)
- flaked sea salt (Maldon's is fantastic but any will do)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place the raw cashews on a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes, shaking the pan half way through. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Allow the nuts to cool to room temperature.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over barely simmering water.
- Pour the cooled cashews into the chocolate and stir to coat.
- Line a plate with parchment paper and place a small spoonful of the chocolate nuts on top. Sprinkle with a little flaked sea salt.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
The cook time listed includes the time the nuts are in the refigerator.