This stunning landscape has been marred by vandals. It really bothers me that someone thinks it is cool or funny to deface pristine areas, spoiling it for everyone else. The following pics show the view before and then with the vandalism. Continue reading
Weekend Special Back Lit Bougainvillea
On a very windy day, I snipped a bougainvillea stem and brought it inside to photograph it. Using a powerful video L.E.D. continuous lighting set up, professional that I am) I set the light into the bottom of a pot, placed a white plastic sheet over it and set the bougainvillea on the plastic. That is it. I also shot some sliced citrus but was not happy with the results. Continue reading
Missing My Mom On Mother’s Day and A Few Others, Too. 🙁
The years fly by, don’t they? This is my 6th year without my mom here on this Earth to thank for being a wonderful mother! I hope she knows how much she was (and still is) loved by so many.
Other’s are gone that I am missing, too. Continue reading
Weekend Special Orange Flowers
As I try to do each weekend, I like to post something beautiful, informative, fun or just random images from my collection of many, new or old.
Today, I am posting some orange flowers, beginning with recent images and followed by some from my collections. Enjoy! You may visit my gallery by clicking here.
Guest Post Kathleen Nonnamaker on do Terra Essential Oils
Meet my sister, Kathleen Nonnamaker and her team of doTerra essential oils Team Leaders! They have so much fun working and playing together, too!
The Shutterbug Chef team has asked her to write a post for us explaining health and wellness. Kathleen is a wife, mother, grandmother, athlete, entrepreneur, and a health and wellness advocate! She and her family have always lived active lives and to this day, they are all about the outdoors when weather permits or even when it is just plain cold!
Desert Blooms 2017
Happy Sunday! The Desert Southwest is in FULL BLOOM! Please come with me virtually through the Sonoran Desert and enjoy the Desert Blooms 2017.
Everywhere you look something has blossomed yellow…or pink, or orange, or white! We have cacti with 3-4 inch thorns protecting the precious flowers that grace them.
Weekend Special Purple Hibiscus Bud To Blossom
There were 2 purple hibiscus plants put into our landscape last year. They were in full bloom and when the blossoms dropped, that was it for a year. This Spring, they are loaded with fuzzy buds and are opening beautifully already! The promise of more to come looks hopeful! Please enjoy the “Purple Hibiscus Bud To Blossom” images posted here! The image above is back a little ways from the plant to show the 3 stages! Below is a close up of a fuzzy bud, followed by the bud beginning to unfurl a bit then opening up a little more to a full beautiful and intensely purple hibiscus blossom! Continue reading
This weekend post is just a quickie to show you the beauty of a penny….that is right…a penny. My friend Maggie told me that her mother, born in Ireland, told her that if you put a penny in the water with cut tulips, they will stand straight up and not flop over. I have been doing this for 28 years and I must say, it works about 98% of the time! The other 2% I figure is the weight of the blossom is just too much for the stem. That said, I often like the tulips flopped over a bit, but these particular ones were as straight as pencils! I
In any case, flopped over or standing straight up, these Orange Tulips were spectacular! Continue reading
Weekend Special Rainy Day Flora and a Dog
President’s Day Weekend was a wash…I mean that in the strict sense that it rained the entire weekend! Many of us in the Desert Southwest relish days like this. On the other hand, many visitors come here from the colder climates for the sunshine and mild temperatures, so we feel badly about it! On behalf of all of us Arizonans, I apologize to the visitors for the rainy weekend. The plants and flowers, however welcomed it! Continue reading
Weekend Special Family Love
I have not posted this week due to a family emergency and death. My beautiful sister-in-law tragically died on Friday the 13th.
We were all devastated and filled with grief. Her bright smile will forever be in my memories and I can truly say I feel her all around me.
Terri was like a sister to me, and to my other 2 sisters, too. Her death has left a void in my life that will take forever to fill. Terri was kind and compassionate, beautiful, sweet and so much fun. She had a zest for life and lived each day to the fullest. Continue reading