Clean Chocolate Mousse
This light, fluffy, creamy dessert, clean chocolate mousse, has a little surprise in it….a touch of warmth from cinnamon! It has a lovely richness and is just sweet enough to satisfy any chocolate lover’s desire! Clean Chocolate Mousse is the perfect dessert after a rich meal, like Prime Rib or Crown Roast of Pork, but is also delicious after a chicken or vegetarian dinner. After preparing the clean chocolate mousse, it sits in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight so feel free to make it in advance. Oh, and serve this with a little dollop of whipped coconut cream topped with some toasted coconut flakes! Or top with a sliced strawberry and a mint leaf, if desired. Dust with a little cocoa powder and there is a beautifully presented dessert!
I first found this recipe at the healthyfoodie.com but changed a few things, naturally!! Check out the link to it for this and other great Paleo recipes!
*add 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice and 2 tablespoons orange zest, garnish with an orange twist!
*add 14/ teaspoon peppermint extract and garnish with a bit of crushed candy cane
*garnish with coconut cream and chopped dark chocolate
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon orange liquor, such as Cuantro
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- In a food processor combine the avocado, dates, honey, Cuantro and coconut milk and process until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, espresso powder, cayenne, salt and vanilla and process until creamy, scraping down the sides once to get all the ingredients well mixed.
- Transfer this into to a stand mixer and run on high for 4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Scoop the mousse into 4 dessert cups, cover with saran wrap and refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight.
To serve, garnish with your choice of coconut cream, berry, or mint and dust with cocoa powder.