If you are following this 30 day challenge, I would love for you to leave feedback for me. How is it going? How do you feel? Any challenges? Any great new recipe finds? Leave a comment below to let me know!
Since Sunday, my phone rang a lot, plus I received many texts and emails all about this 30 day challenge! Some wanted recipes, some wanted food lists or menus, some needed more specific information on how to live the 30 Day Challenge. Let me start with the issue of breakfast!
The one question that came up a lot was “What do I eat for breakfast?
I am used to bagels, pastries, cereal, donuts, coffee with cream and sugar (or Splenda), and orange juice. ” Donuts? Really? Anyway, all of those things are full of wheat, grains, sugar, dairy and maybe artificial ingredients. This means they are not “clean” nor are they Paleo friendly.
Let’s discuss breakfast. Here is a list of my favoite breakfast dishes that are perfect for the whole family. Click the name of each one for a link to its recipe. Plus I am adding a new recipe for the best blueberry muffins. Fluffy Paleo Blueberry Muffins are fluffy because the egg whites are beaten then folded into the batter. My niece Lucia asked me about “cleaning up” her recipe for an already gluten free blueberry muffin. The only change I made was to substitute coconut palm sugar for the refined white sugar. The original recipe came from Epicurious. Other than the one substitution I followed it to a tee.
Back to the breakfast list:
- Frittata du Jour This is a simple egg dish filled with veggies and a little bacon that cooks in 7 minutes!
- Paleo Pancakes These pancakes are terrific and the recipe includes a wonderful berry compote to serve in place of syrup!
- Chocolate Banana Shake Don’t think this is to be served with a burger and fries (although it could be!)
- Berry Smoothie This is loaded with blueberries, raspberries, balckberries and bananas. Fresh or frozen you will really enjoy this.
- Tomato Asparagus Oven Omelet Weekends with company will make this your Sunday morning show stopper!
- Spicy Paleo Pumpkin Muffins Cinnamon infused muffins with a great texture, these muffins will be a great start to your busy morning!
- French Scrambled Eggs The ultimate breakfast dish for a lazy weekend morning.
- Blueberry Scones Make these for breakfast, snacks or a lunchbox surprise!
- Chia Seed Parfait Put this together before you go to bed and wake up to a delicious parfait!
- Eggs Poached In Olive Oil As decadent as it may sound it actually gives the eggs a pleasant olive oil taste and they are served with crispy pancetta!
So these should get you started! Now for the new Fluffy Paleo Blueberry Muffins recipe!
Fluffy Paleo Blueberry Muffins
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pint blueberries (about 1 1/3 cups)
- Sliced almonds (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Whisk almond meal and cinnamon in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg yolks, coconut sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl for 3 minutes. Add almond meal mixture, applesauce and salt. Stir just to combine.
- Using electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites and salt in another large bowl until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Add half of egg white mixture to almond meal mixture and fold to combine, then add remaining egg white mixture and fold to combine. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and top with almonds. Bake muffins until tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool in pan at least 10 minutes before serving.
I used a stand mixer for the egg yolks and almond meal mixture and a hand mixer for beating the egg whites.