Easy Paleo Chicken Salad
What could be easier…..rotisserie chicken, celery, onion, avocado mayo, almonds, salt and pepper, mixed up and piled onto chopped butter lettuce?! That is it, fast and satisfying for lunch or dinner!The chicken can be picked up on your way home and everything else is pantry or refrigerator staples. You may even have leftover chicken from the night before, saving you from stopping at the market. Either way, just shred the chicken and mix it with all the ingredients. Scoop it onto a pile of chopped lettuce leaves and dinner awaits.
- ½ rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded, about 2-3 cups
- 2-4 tablespoons avocado mayo (or home made paleo mayo)
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 tablespoons red onion (or scallions)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup dry toasted almond slivers (Plus a few for garnish)
- Chopped lettuce for serving
- Mix all the ingredients except lettuce in a bowl and stir to combine. Add enough mayo to your liking.
- Scoop onto plates line with chopped lettuce.
- Garnish with a few toasted almonds.