Paleo Carrot Muffins
A yummy breakfast treat or an afternoon snack, these paleo carrot muffins are nutritious, delicious and will satisfy your hunger any time of day. This is a healthy version of a popular spicy muffin from several years ago. Like everything else, somehow it comes back into vogue and I am doing just that…except “cleaned” up of dairy, flour and refined sugar!
This recipe comes together quite quickly, too. If you have the right ingredients on hand, recipes like this are a snap!
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 medium carrots, grated with a microplane grater
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl
- Whisk the wet ingredients and the carrot in a medium bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Using paper muffin cup liners in a 6-unit large muffin tin, divide the batter evenly.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to rest in the tin for 10-15 minutes then remove them to a wire rack and cool completely.
These will be delicious with a mixed berry compote!
Serve these with my mixed berry compote for a fruity twist!